Regional Economic Information and Updates
The Far North region has seen some very positive outcomes over the last couple of years with several major projects working their way through the system, an active small business environment, new educational facilities/offerings, some encouraging infrastructure announcements, and a raft of other new opportunities to assist the region. As of Quarter three, 2021/2022 financial year, the pipeline of large investment projects across the region totals $8.1 billion, creating 7,843 employment opportunities in construction and 738 ongoing. The breakdown of these projects are as follows.
- Private Investment- $3,023,407,266 – 3,097 jobs in construction and 221 ongoing
- Community Projects - $4,246,505,048 – 1,437 construction jobs and 332 ongoing
- Cultural Projects $8,668,058 – 1,502 construction jobs and 17 ongoing
- Infrastructure Projects $304,209,011 – 382 construction jobs 33 ongoing
- Minerals and Resources $381,350,000 -261 construction jobs 31 ongoing
- Renewable Projects $162,045,506 – 1,164 construction jobs and 104 ongoing
For more information on the data profiles of the Far North region, please use the following links for the public profiles.
The RDA Far North team are able to assist with more detailed and project specific data.