Regional Economic Information and Updates
The Far North region has seen some very positive outcomes over the last couple of years with several major projects working their way through the system, an active small business environment, new educational facilities/offerings, some encouraging infrastructure announcements, and a raft of other new opportunities to assist the region. As of Quarter one, 2023/2024 financial year, the pipeline of investment projects across the region totals over $11.2 billion, creating 10,814 employment opportunities in construction and 3,605 ongoing. The breakdown of these projects are as follows.
- Private Investment - $1,114,290,995 – 1,067 jobs in construction and 678 ongoing
- Community Projects - $5,721,492 – 51 construction jobs and 5 ongoing
- Cultural Projects - $1,650,000 – 60 construction jobs and 20 ongoing
- Infrastructure Projects - $4,325,266,531 – 3,924 construction jobs 1,557 ongoing
- Minerals and Resources - $3,700,000,000 -4,000 construction jobs, 1,200 ongoing
- Renewable Projects - $2,064,170,500 – 1,712 construction jobs and 145 ongoing
For more information on the data profiles of the Far North region, please use the following links for the public profiles.
The RDA Far North team are able to assist with more detailed and project specific data.