A significant component of this work involves ensuring that businesses throughout northern South Australia have knowledge of and access to a full range of government and non-government support programs available elsewhere in Australia. RDA Far North works closely with indigenous and non-indigenous business enterprises in support of their business growth and viability.
RDA Far North currently undertakes a wide range of Business Advisory services. These include rolling out a series of business support workshops (refer – Media & Events page), undertaking in-depth Business Advisory services to indigenous people and businesses through the Commonwealth's Indigenous Business Australia programs through to providing one on one business planning and assistance work through the RDA Far North's Business Development Manager.
Given the nature of the Far North region, the strength of small and medium enterprises is critical to the growth of the economy across the region and in ensuring sustainable communities.
Accordingly RDA Far North continues to develop these services to meet the communities needs as a core deliverable.
RDA Far North provides dedicated one-on-one business advisory services to support the sustainability and growth of small and medium enterprises.
RDA Far North employs two positions to drive our activities as follows:
Regional Business Development Manager (RBDM)
The role of the BDM is to provide a high quality Business Advisory service to intending and existing small to medium size business operators throughout Far North South Australia.
- Support the growth of indigenous and non indigenous business enterprises in the region,
- Provide responsive and practical advice and information services to meet the diverse needs of the small and medium business clients by telephone and direct contact in person at locations within the region,
- Assists small and medium business clients on issues relating to future growth and development by offering sound business advice and identifying strategies that support the long-term viability of the business,
- Contributes to the development of the region’s business sector by identifying clients with growth potential and providing targeted and managed support including the provision of a range of core services, promoting the transfer of skills, utilising government programs as appropriate to foster capability enhancement and performance improvement,
- Contributes to the development of business intelligence and resource material, undertaking analysis and evaluation of small and medium business issues and preparing succinct responses to the Board as required,
- Support the regions Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) and participate where appropriate in workshops and related programs,
- To manage the day to day implementation of the Board’s suite of Business Advisory programs,
To make an appointment contact the RDA Far North office: